Netherlands – Rotterdam | Senior Software Engineering Manager
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. A truly global digital research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high-quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions enable our clients to succeed at product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
About the Role:
We are growing our team to drive our market research platform to the next level, delivering impactful insights and creating the ultimate user experience. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our platform team in Rotterdam. You will safeguard operational stability based on future ready and high-quality software. You will be part of an international team, working across multiple product teams, to direct the work of software engineers and embed leading software development practices. In addition to this, you will increase the effectiveness of the engineering team by guiding them to make decisions, motivate them and monitor their day-to-day performance.
- Guide and coach an exceptional team of engineers across multiple teams. On-site or remote, including outsourcing providers.
- Mentoring them in technical and non-technical aspects and lead them to build stable, scalable and reliable features and services.
- Lead team strategy, hiring, goals setting, career development and all other aspects with the support of the HR team.
- Keeping abreast of new software technologies, as well as conforming to leading practices.
- Effectively partner with Architects, Designers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters across the organization to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, scalability and time-to-market for new and existing products and services.
- Identify hiring needs with the team and to oversee the hiring process and effective integration into the teams.
- 4+ years of people management experience, managing engineers.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experienced in building teams that develop software that improved productivity, performance, and quality, preferably on Microsoft technologies.
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology; knowledge of Agile Engineering and development including Continuous Integration and Delivery practices.
- Team oriented; passionate about developing other’s skills and capabilities. Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, generate technical designs, and influence product strategy.
We hope we sparked your interest that you’d like to join our team. We look forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter.