USA | Qualitative Senior Research Manager
MetrixLab is a fast-growing global market research and insights company that’s challenging the status quo of insights. By blending evolving technology with passionate experts, MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more impact, and forges partnerships to drive sustainably equitable growth. From creative testing to brand tracking, and packaging to e-commerce optimization, MetrixLab’s range of solution suites adapts to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Active in more than 90 countries, MetrixLab is a proud partner to more than half of the world’s top 100 brands and part of Toluna.
We value our people, who are the core of our company culture. We are diverse in many ways, and we’re proud to be represented by a wide spectrum of identities, cultures, experiences, and viewpoints – an entrepreneurial spirit runs in all of our DNA. It’s important to us that everyone feels welcome at MetrixLab, and we embrace the diversity of opinions and fresh thinking that comes when everyone is given a voice – it’s what makes working with us energetic and fun!
About the Position:
Seeking a Qualitative Senior Research Manager to join our growing Qualitative team. In this role, you’ll be developing and successfully executing qualitative research projects leveraging a wide variety of methods. These methods include in-depth interviews, in-person and digital focus groups, online bulletin boards, mobile diaries, ethnographies, and a host of our new and exciting solutions. This role is for someone with proven qualitative design, proposal, executional and reporting experience. Supplier-side experience is a requirement for this role.
– Responsible for effectively leading all aspects, both internal and external, of a qualitative client project from beginning to end, including but not limited to:
- Pricing and assisting with developing client proposals, advising Client Service of necessary requirements to meet project specifications
- Writing study materials (such as screeners and discussion guides)
- Coordinating logistics with the operations department
- Drafting analysis/reports including visual/video storytelling, and presenting to clients
- Ensure all stakeholder expectations are successfully managed
– For hybrid projects – ability to work with quantitative Research Managers to integrate quantitative and qualitative findings into a combined story-led, insightful report.
– Qualitative approaches you should be familiar with:
- On-line bulletin boards
- On-line and in-person in-depth interviews and focus groups
- Mobile diaries
– Qualitative project types you should be familiar with:
- Ideation / innovation
- Concept and communication development
- Pack and product exploration
- Brand positioning / equity
- U&A studies
– Possesses the ability to work outside of normal business hours, understanding that qualitative research often requires irregular hours to conduct research on participant’s schedule, and will include travel for in-person fieldwork, and client presentations as needed.
– Able to travel (at times up to 40%).
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a related field (marketing, research, sociology, psychology, anthropology, communications).
- Minimum of 7+ years of related Qualitative research experience and demonstrated business experience in applying qualitative research techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including development and delivery of story-telling presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships and rapport with both internal and external clients as well as research participants. Demonstrated teamwork and team orientation.
- Multi-country qualitative project experience a plus.
- Experience in tech / gaming / entertainment a plus.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus.
What do we offer?
- A challenging position at a dynamic, innovative, fast-growing global company.
- A flexible work environment with a strong focus on owning and taking pride in your work.
- Career and growth opportunities in line with your skillset and passion.
- A salary package commensurate with role and experience.
- Global onboarding and frequent internal training and sharing opportunities.
- Our employees have exclusive access to Udemy Business. With our company license, you have unlimited access to all external courses.
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] along with your motivation.