Netherlands – Rotterdam | Senior Angular Front End Engineer
MetrixLab is a fast-growing global market research and insights company that’s challenging the status quo of insights. By blending evolving technology with passionate experts, MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more impact, and forges partnerships to drive sustainably equitable growth. From creative testing to brand tracking, and packaging to e-commerce optimization, MetrixLab’s range of solution suites adapts to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Active in more than 90 countries, MetrixLab is a proud partner to more than half of the world’s top 100 brands and part of the Macromill Group.
Our Global Technology Innovation and Consultancy team owns the digital experience of market research. It is at the forefront of building our e2e platform that is user-friendly, fully integrated, on-cloud and one digital experience. Our teams are small and self-sufficient. We are working with modern tech-stack dotnet 5+, angular, docker, kubernetes, azure, kafka – methodologies DDD, event driven architecture, microservices, event sourcing, – practices agile, Spotify model, SAFe. To achieve our ambition, we need smart and creative experts who are keen on driving change – while accepting the current business needs that must be continued. People who challenge how things are currently done – not for the sake of change, but to make something better. People who understand that IT and technology are the business enablers of the future. Are you the next one who will help MetrixLab challenge the technical aspect of insights?
About the Role:
You will lead, coach, mentor and foster a culture of engineering excellence not only in your team but also across the organization. With your experience, good computer science fundamentals, energy to learn, and a desire to grow and teach others you will make a huge impact through a collaborative journey, building products of high quality, products that bring a whole new experience to its , products developed with a clean architecture and code that allow us to react fast to new market demands just because you do your craft like a ninja. Communication skills, ability to turn complex requirements into smaller chunks of deliverable value and the power of connecting the dots is what makes you outstand from the crowd. You understand change is not a destination but a long road that requires resilience and constant adaptation through small victories. If it feels like you this role is for you, smash that “apply now” after reading the rest of this job description and come to work with us.
- Cultivate a culture of engineering excellence by pragmatically making use of the best engineering principles, paradigms, architectures, laws and rules of thumb.
- Cultivate a learning organization by being a pollinator. You learn and pay it forward by teaching others.
- Cultivate the 3 pillars of Scrum: transparency, inspection and adaptation ubiquitously.
- Cultivate the 5 values of Scrum ubiquitously.
- Cultivate full ownership of the SDLC in your team, from the refinement of stories, starting with TDD, till production, then monitoring and observability. You also make sure to measure the impact and user experience your product increment is bringing to users. Simply put, you plan it, you build it, you ship it, you run it, you adapt it.
- Cultivate a DevOps mindset.
- You write and design clean, tested, flexible, scalable and resilient code and architectures.
- You’re a TDD/BDD practitioner and evangelist within your team and organization.
- You take ownership of PBIs and make sure they are refined enough.
- You know the power Scrum/Kanban can bring to your team and your responsibility as an engineer to get the best out of it.
- You know the importance of a good culture, good values & principles and the impact they bring to you, your team and your company. You honor your culture by being an example to others and by practicing the values and principles daily.
Skills & Requirements:
- io, Jasmine or related.
- Git, NPM, Azure DevOps.
- Quality First Mindset, you know quality is non-negotiable.
- Experience with Micro Frontend. You know the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Progressive Web Apps, you know the benefits inside out and how to make sure your team is on top of it.
- You can speak English.
Good to have:
- Backend development experience with .net core and c#.
- Previous experience in a Market Research company.
What we offer:
- A challenging position in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, quickly growing global company.
- An opportunity to be part of Digital transformation and shape the core business related in-house developed applications.
- A flexible work environment with a focus on owning and taking pride in your work.
- Growth opportunities in line with your career ambitions and passions.
- An open-culture work environment staffed with ambitious colleagues with “can-do” mentalities.
- A competitive salary package including a good pension scheme, 25 paid days of leave, and full travel reimbursement (yes, that includes cycling!).
- Subscription to Udemy Business.
- An amazing, stylish office space in one of the city’s most trendy areas, close to the Hotel New York where we have weekly (free!) Friday afternoon drinks.
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.
Interview with the hiring manager – 30 minutes
Live code challenge + System Design – 2 hours
Product Owner + Scrum Master – 1 hour