Netherlands – Rotterdam | Graphic Designer
MetrixLab is a fast-growing global market research and insights company that’s challenging the status quo of insights. By blending evolving technology with passionate experts, MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more impact, and forges partnerships to drive sustainably equitable growth. From creative testing to brand tracking, and packaging to e-commerce optimization, MetrixLab’s range of solution suites adapts to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Active in more than 90 countries, MetrixLab is a proud partner to more than half of the world’s top 100 brands and part of the Macromill Group.
Based in our Rotterdam office, you will be part of the Marketing Design Team along with five other designers. You will also work closely with our Global Marketing and Digital Content specialists. You will support our business teams throughout the world, by creating impactful visual communication materials – to continually generate and support the growth of our company. As a creative designer with strong conceptualization skills, you will create communication materials (primarily presentations and marketing campaign materials (mostly digital, less often print) to suit a wide variety of occasions and topics.
You will be an advisor and creative partner to the business and will develop creative solutions to best support their communication goals, tell visual stories, and bring together communicative and visual content. You will also support requests and projects from the initial briefing through concept design to final end-product realization. You will assume sole responsibility for these projects or will work in a team alongside other specialists, always in close consultation with the business. You will deliver flawless quality in terms of both product and process. Through your expertise and experience, you will enrich the professional dialogue in our marketing department, while also supporting your colleagues in acquiring new knowledge.
- Work closely with senior designer, design team lead and the rest of the marketing team to keep our materials in top notch quality.
- 80% of your time: produce and edit design material for PowerPoint presentations, research graphs and data visualization. Creating different types of marketing and campaign material e.g. one-pagers, infographics, whitepapers, social media and others.
- 20% of your time: Other promotional items, photo editing, Word, office materials and event materials. Create webpages for MetrixLab website.
- You are passionate about design in every form.
- You love to tell stories, think proactively, and show initiative.
- You have a super-human eye for detail.
- You can communicate and convince your ideas to other people.
- You like to work in a team of energetic and passionate marketing professionals.
- You know how to make your ideas come to life.
- You can work independently and think of creative ideas to achieve the best possible visual result.
- Have a can-do attitude and are comfortable in a dynamic work environment, embracing changes and accepting revisions if needed to improve the game.
- Apprised of – and quickly adapt to – shifting priorities and new developments.
- Well-organized and able to prioritize between multiple different tasks.
- Desire to excel and grow within and with the company.
- Constructive and positive attitude with a great sense of humor.
Education & Experience:
- To be successful in this role you must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in media with a focus on PowerPoint/Layout design. You have experience with the latest software tools and you’re able to tell us which tools we need to get for you. You have a deep desire to deliver the best and most engaging visual content, and you have the right set of eyes to know what our target audience wants to see.
- Good knowledge in PowerPoint graphs/data visualization and in excel.
- Course program in design (e.g. Design, Fine Arts, Marketing) or any combination of education and experience that enhances a Graphic Designer role.
- Expert in design tools, (especially Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop & PowerPoint.)
- Adobe XD / Figma is a plus.
- Graduate or 1-2 years’ experience in a marketing graphic design role.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
What do we offer?
- A challenging position in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, quickly growing global company.
- A flexible work environment with a focus on owning and taking pride in your work.
- Growth opportunities in line with your career ambitions and passions.
- Global onboarding and frequent internal training and sharing opportunities.
- Our employees have exclusive access to Udemy Business. With our company license, you have unlimited access to all external courses.
- An open-culture work environment staffed with ambitious colleagues with “can-do” mentalities.
- A competitive salary package including a good pension scheme, 25 paid days of leave, and full travel reimbursement (yes, that includes cycling!).
- An amazing, stylish office space in one of the city’s most trendy areas, close to the Hotel New York.
We hope we sparked your interest that you’d like to join our team. Please send in your CV, motivation letter and links to your creations or design portfolio with presentation focus to [email protected].
Office location: Wilhelminakade 312 │3072 AR Rotterdam │ The Netherlands
Contact details: [email protected] | www.metrixlab.com | T +31 10 20 30 700