Netherlands – Rotterdam | Data Engineer
We are growing our IT team to develop new products and improve current platform, which is the critical part of our business. As being a market research company, data is in the core of our services. We are looking for a data engineer to join in our team in Rotterdam and play an active role for various innovations and improvements in our data platform.
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
- Develop and maintain scalable and configurable data processing algorithms related with market research
- Adapt various data sources into (new and existing) data structures via various data process implementations
- Identify and troubleshoot data related issues
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring the accuracy and availability of the data
- Explore, recommend, and apply different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality
- Prepare data for data scientist for various data modeling and ML algorithms
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend software developers, product owners, research managers and data analysts.
- Has Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or in a similar field
- A minimum of 4+ years of work experience as data engineer or a similar role
- A minimum of 4+ years of extensive working knowledge in Phyton and SQL
- Experience with server-side concepts (e.g. various databases, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Having experience in C#, .Net is a plus
- Having experience with no-SQL databases is a plus
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Technical expertise with various data modelling techniques and ETL processes
- Having knowledge/experience in market research industry is a plus
- Fluent in English, for both written and verbal communication
- Proactive learner, enjoys following technological developments and industry trends
- Deep analytical skills, enjoy challenges for solving difficult problems.
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.