USA | Senior Research Manager
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high-quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just over one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our qualitative business is experiencing exciting and dramatic growth driven by our expertise in on-line qualitative methodologies and greater demand for more digital, agile, insights-driven solutions from our key clients.
Our expertise, passion, and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group that connects the collective power of 1,700 experts worldwide.
About the Position:
Seeking a Qualitative Senior Research Manager to join our growing Qualitative team. In this role, you’ll be developing and successfully executing qualitative research projects leveraging a wide variety of methods. This role is for someone with proven qualitative design, proposal, executional and reporting experience. We look forward to speaking with you!
- Responsible for effectively leading all aspects, both internal and external, of a qualitative client project from beginning to end, including but not limited to:
- Pricing and assisting with developing client proposals, advising Client Service of necessary requirements to meet project specifications
- Writing study materials (such as screeners and discussion guides)
- Coordinating logistics with the operations department
- In-person and on-line moderating/fieldwork
- Drafting analysis/reports including visual/video storytelling, and presenting to clients
- Ensure all stakeholder expectations are successfully managed
- For hybrid projects – ability to work with quantitative Research Managers to integrate quantitative and qualitative findings into a combined story-led, insightful report.
- Qualitative approaches you should be familiar with:
- On-line bulletin boards
- On-line and in-person in-depth interviews and focus groups
- Qualitative project types you should be familiar with:
- Ideation / innovation
- Concept and advertising development
- Pack and product exploration
- Brand positioning / equity
- U&A studies
- Possesses the ability to work outside of normal business hours, understanding that qualitative research often requires irregular hours to conduct research on participant’s schedule, and will include travel for in-person fieldwork, and client presentations as needed.
- Post COVID, able to travel (up to 40%), based on adherence to state guidelines.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a related field (marketing, research, sociology, psychology, anthropology, communications).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related Qualitative research experience and demonstrated business experience in applying qualitative research techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including development and delivery of story-telling presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships and rapport with both internal and external clients as well as research participants. Demonstrated teamwork and team orientation.
- Multi-country qualitative project experience a plus.
- Experience in healthcare / pharma / biotech categories a plus.
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV and motivation.