Advertising on mobile? Our eight golden rules to success shared
Learn best practices in our video
Mobile advertising accounts for more than half of global ad spend, but are the ads breaking through? Based on a survey of more than 500 Facebook ads, we reveal our eight principles of successful mobile advertising. Watch our video with Rick Candelaria, SVP Consulting at MetrixLab, below:
Follow these eight golden rules to maximize mobile advertising for your brands and business:
- Reveal your brand in the first three seconds. You’ll be rewarded with higher brand recall.
- Show your brand for at least 50% of the ad. Another way to help consumers remember what brand was advertised.
- Get your message across fast. Fail to communicate your message quickly, and you’ll experience lower message recall amongst consumers.
- Be concise. Less is definitely more. Shorter ads have better breakthrough.
- Make your brand visible. It might seem obvious, but a significant number of videos in our study failed to clearly display their brand. Put simply, if you don’t make your brand prominent and visible, your investment in mobile advertising will be wasted.
- Show your product in use, for categories where that’s relevant. This helps consumers to understand what they’re watching, your product’s benefits, and to see how it might fit their lives.
- Make your ad easy to understand. Ads that are not easily understood will not generate interest in your brand.
- Design for silence. The majority of mobile ads are watched without sound. Your ad must work as well silent as it does on full volume.