Evaluating and validating POS materials for a leading CPG brand
Evaluating point of sale materials
Evaluating POS materials
The research revealed the need for several improvements to be made to the POS material.
Following feedback from the research process, the new materials were optimized to suit the target audience. They succeeded in driving visibility, preference and benefited communication, and have been introduced in-store.
How we got there
Using our POST solution, we tested the effectiveness of floor stand units and shelf strips. We compared situations that used POS materials to those that didn’t, and different executions. This enabled us to deliver insights on the impact of POS materials on sales uplift and communication.
The research was conducted in two waves. The first study showed that men perceived the imagery to be too aggressive. In the second wave, we tested the impact of color on women. This revealed that one of the colors did not fit both brand and category perceptions. Finally, we used Focus Tracker to show the impact of the imaging, iconography and messaging of the executions.
Understand the impact of POS materials
- Test the effectiveness of your POS materials
- Gain customer feedback into the efficacy of POS materials
- Understand the likely uplift of POS materials
- Optimize your POS materials based on clear consumer insights
- Assess the impact of multiple executions
- Further refine your POS materials for maximum impact