Assess whether new packaging communicates premium brand values in different countries
A premium spirits brand wanted to test a new packaging design across territories to determine whether it successfully communicated its brand values in different countries.
How we got there
We used our PACT methodology to test the new bottle design in a natural environment in the US and China. We assessed it against the current bottle as well as competitors.
A modular survey with simulated shelf browsing and shopping exercises was used to assess the visibility/findability, impact and optimization of the new packaging design.
Using this methodology meant our client could test and receive feedback on specific elements of the new design.
- Our client identified the elements of a new bottle and carton design that best communicated its brand values and stood out on the shelf.
- The design was also part of the pitch process to choose a new creative agency, and our research helped identify which one the client should select.
- We established that the new packaging would work in both countries we tested: the US and China.
Testing new packaging design across
territories with PACT
- Understand the different elements of new packaging design in detail
- Test whether a design communicates your brand values versus competitors
- Make sure your packaging design stands out on the shelf and is desirable for shoppers
- Check whether new designs work well in different countries