USA | Sample Sourcing Manager
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
The Sample Sourcing Manager will be a member of the Center of Excellence Team. The COE Team is a group that consults across the entire global organization to provide operational support, planning, innovative sourcing approaches, consultancy and pricing for internal and external sourced services, technologies and products including online sample, offline sample, translation services, shipping and fulfillment for in home testing, among others.
Initial goals of the US based Sample Sourcing Manager will be to work with MetrixLab’s internal teams to identify key sourcing needs for clients, help drive bookings and revenue by providing a competitive advantage through best-in-class respondent approaches, active supplier negotiations and development of proactive sample plans that minimize costs. Additionally, this role will be crucial for ensure that the COE best practices and sample pricing guidelines are strictly adhered to and provide comprehensive strategic sample consulting and support to MetrixLab’s internal stakeholder teams.
The ideal candidate has background in market research with understanding both online sample panels, but also F2F and qualitative offline approaches. Additionally, has a consistent track record of driving down costs, implementing new process and influencing across teams. The ideal candidate will be stationed in MetrixLab’s Minneapolis or Chicago office.
- Offer pre-sales support and consultancy related to sourcing operations to MetrixLab’s sales and research teams to help drive new bookings.
- Determine appropriate online and offline supplier needs and coordinate with those suppliers to execute global projects.
- Provide accurate, weekly external supplier expense forecasting.
- Offer proactive, long term external supplier capacity planning based on the upcoming project queue and historical account trend.
- Provide cost and risk analysis to leadership team members for external suppliers being used on large revenue opportunities.
- Create and receive purchase orders for external supplier expenses to ensure proper recognition of expenses.
- Sample Management Needs:
- Develop specific sample plans that will allow for successful and profitable completion of study.
- Manage exclusion rules and ensure consistent sample blending where required.
- Drive project coordination with project team and external sample suppliers to manage sample requirements and ensure sample is delivered within required field time.
- Oversee projects in field to help troubleshoot and to confirm costs with vendors proactively.
- At least 1-2 years Marketing Research experience, preferably in Sampling Operations, with understanding of surveys and/or online /offline sample fielding is required.
- Prior experience managing sample or proprietary panel preferred.
- Prior client services and account management experience.
- Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously, some with tight deadlines.
- Prior experience implementing process and being a change agent required.
- Able to problem-solve and create logical solutions.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills are a must.
- Must be good with and enjoy working with numbers and math.
- Must be able to work independently, but also communicate and share learnings with the larger Sourcing Operations Team.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
Position could be at one of these locations:
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.