USA | Qualitative Research Manager
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries.
MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
Qualitative Research Manager
Seeking a Qualitative Research Manager to join our growing Qualitative team. In this role, you’ll be developing and successfully executing qualitative research projects leveraging a wide variety of methods. These methods include: online bulletin boards, in-depth interviews, in-person and digital focus groups, mobile diaries, ethnographies and a host of our new and exciting solutions. This role is for someone with proven qualitative design, proposal, executional and reporting experience. We look forward to speaking with you!
- Has great enthusiasm for qualitative research, always serving as an internal and external ambassador.
- Responsible for effectively leading all aspects of a qualitative client project from beginning to end under the mentorship of a more Senior Manager. Qualitative approaches you should be familiar with include, but are not limited to: online bulletin boards, in-person group and IDI (In Depth Interviews), moderation, mobile research, telephone and webcam interviewing, etc. Research projects may take place in both the USA and abroad.
- Leading a client project includes, but is not limited to: following and maintaining best practice procedures, authoring pricing and proposals, setting and meeting timelines, updating proprietary internal tools, quality assurance, coordinating logistics with the operations department and for client, ensuring all stakeholder expectations are managed, authoring study materials (such as screeners and discussion guides), gathering stimulus, preparing backroom packets, moderating/fieldwork, debriefing sessions, authoring analysis/reports including visual/video story-telling, and presenting to clients.
- Works closely with the Client Service team to understand the client opportunity in order to develop qualitative research design. Consistently interacts with practice area experts to ensure qualitative opportunities are leveraged toward the business issues the client needs to satisfy.
- Serve as a qualitative client point of contact, focused on meeting client’s needs and working to build client relationships. Consistently ensure that client/project specs are well thought out and provide information that will lead to quality results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Manage full project life cycle while monitoring project timeline, quality, and profitability and advising Client Service of necessary requirements to meet project specifications.
- Has strong business/consultative writing and verbal communication skills that are applied in all communications.
- Possess strong intuitive and visual skills in crafting a compelling story as part of report analysis. Involves being comfortable writing qualitatively– directional in nature based on small sample sizes and not using numbers.
- Authors insights that will be relevant at the client level. Provides support with verbatims/videos, reviews final reports for accuracy and quality prior to client delivery, summarizes written exercises, conducts image searches and coordinates with the Graphics department to ensure final report quality and composition.
- Works to bring relevant market, industry category and client information to bear in reporting.
- Actively pursue knowledge and application of new and emerging technologies for qualitative services, as well as new moderating/creative thinking techniques.
- Possesses the ability to travel (up to 40%) and work outside of normal business hours. Understands that qualitative research often requires irregular hours in order to conduct research on participants schedule, and will include travel for in-person fieldwork, and client presentations as needed.
Do you have:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a related field (marketing, research, sociology, psychology, anthropology, communications).
- Minimum of 3 years of related Qualitative research experience and demonstrated business experience in applying qualitative research techniques.
- Expert knowledge of qualitative and working knowledge of quantitative research methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in many of the central aspects of the project process, including proposal/pricing development, screener/discussion guide design, moderating both online and in-person, and analysis/report writing.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to coordinate and manage schedule expectations to ensure timelines are consistently met and that work is prioritized accordingly.
- Proven ability to work directly with clients to effectively maintain and grow relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with both internal and external clients as well as research participants. Outgoing, friendly personality.
- A very sharp eye for detail.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and especially PowerPoint.
- Experience with video editing in Adobe Final Cut Pro 10 is a plus.
- Experience in health category a plus.
Position is at one of locations:
- Chicago, IL,USA
- Chatham, NJ USA
- Norwalk, CT USA
- Farmington, CT USA
- Scottsdale, AZ USA
- Minneapolis, MN USA
Note: While efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of this position description, it is not warranted to be an exhaustive recitation of all position duties; the incumbent may be required to perform duties beyond those listed above.
Please send in your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV and cover letter.