Procurement Manager – United States
The Procurement Manager will be a member of the COE – Strategic planning and Procurement team. The COE Team is a group that consults across the entire global organization. They provide operational support, planning, innovative procurement approaches, consultancy and pricing for internal and external sourced services, technologies and products including online sample, offline sample, translation services, shipping and fulfillment for in-home testing, among others.
Initial goals of the US based Procurement Manager will be to work with MetrixLab’s internal teams to identify key procurement needs for clients, help drive bookings and revenue by providing a competitive advantage through best in class respondent approaches, active supplier negotiations and development of proactive sample plans that minimize costs. Additionally, this role will be crucial in ensuring that the COE best practices and sample pricing guidelines are strictly adhered to and providing comprehensive strategic sample consulting and support to MetrixLab’s internal stakeholder teams.
The ideal candidate has a background in market research with focus on managing online sample and/or proprietary panels, is fluent in English and has a consistent track record of driving down costs, implementing new processes and influencing teams. The ideal candidate will be stationed in MetrixLab’s Minneapolis, Chicago, Connecticut or New Jersey office.
- Offer pre-sales support and consultancy related to procurement operations to MetrixLab’s sales and research teams to help drive new bookings.
- Manage external supplier relationships for US business needs.
- Provide comprehensive consultancy and sample support to MetrixLab’s US sales and research teams.
- Provide cost and risk analysis to leadership team members for external suppliers being used on large revenue opportunities
- Determine appropriate supplier needs and coordinate those suppliers to execute projects.
- Approve SOWs with external suppliers to begin work.
- Provide accurate, weekly external supplier expense forecasting.
- Offer proactive, long term external supplier capacity planning based on the upcoming project queue and historical account trend.
- Offer external supplier pricing consultation to US sales and research teams.
- Provide analysis on profitability analysis on the external supplier portion of projects, accounts, and the overall region.
- Create and receive purchase orders for external supplier expenses to ensure proper recognition of expenses.
- Sample management needs:
- Manage exclusion rules and ensure consistent sample blending where required.
- Drive project coordination with project team and external sample suppliers to manage quota requirements and ensure sample is delivered within required field time.
- Oversee projects in field to help troubleshoot and to confirm costs with vendors proactively.
- Minimum 5 years Marketing Research experience in online surveys and/or online sample is required.
- Prior experience managing sample or proprietary panel preferred.
- Understanding of sampling and online market research required.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Prior client services and account management experience.
- Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously, some with tight deadlines.
- Fluent in Professional English communication (written and oral)
- Prior experience implementing process and being a change agent required.
- Able to problem-solve and create logical solutions..
- Prior Operations experience preferred.
- Must be good with and enjoy working with numbers and math.
- Must be able to work independently but also communicate and share learnings with the larger Sourcing Operations Team.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. A truly global digital research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high-quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions enable our clients to succeed at product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
About the application process:
Apply now by sending your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Contact page.