South Africa – Johannesburg | Junior Research Manager
MetrixLab is a fast-growing global market research and insights company that’s challenging the status quo of insights. By blending evolving technology with passionate experts, MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more impact, and forges partnerships to drive sustainably equitable growth. From creative testing to brand tracking, and packaging to e-commerce optimization, MetrixLab’s range of solution suites adapts to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Active in more than 90 countries, MetrixLab is a proud partner to more than half of the world’s top 100 brands and part of the Macromill Group.
Are you motivated by what moves people and brands? Data driven, business focused and service oriented? Have a passion for all things digital? Are you ready to join our fast-growing, ambitious research team in South Africa?
We are looking for an experienced Junior Research Manager to join our South African team!
Join us and experience the company that leads the next generation of consumer insights and marketing analytics. Our mission is to change the way marketing research is used to generate insights that impact business decisions. Digital is our focus in many ways as we aspire to be a truly global digital research company.
We are looking for a talented Junior Research Manager (with 1-2 years of quantitative market research experience) who loves to take on the dynamics of a fast-spaced office within a global company, being instrumental in its growth and success.
Responsibilities of a Junior Research manager:
- Independently manage ad hoc or tracking studies (multi-country), collaborating effectively with clients and operations teams, adhering to deadlines, updating changes and thinking ahead of what needs to be done.
- Support and/or able to independently manage benchmarking exercises within the region.
- Support and/or manage more complex studies in collaboration with Senior Research Manager.
- Adapt questionnaires of standard solutions (with some customization) that meet the objectives of the study.
- Able to instruct the Operations team with clear instructions, tab-banner plan, review links prior to deployment and review initial deployment data.
- Develop analysis plans, survey report shells/templates.
- Write clear and insightful headlines in reports and clear summaries and conclusions.
- Continuously learn more complex research methodologies to be able to take on more complex projects and accounts.
Do you enjoy..?
- Paying attention to details.
- Working with deadlines.
- Crunching numbers.
- Being pro-active and resourceful in problem solving.
- Making clients happy by delivering excellent service.
And do you also have…?
- A can-do attitude.
- Strong analytical skills and communication skills (both oral and written).
- A passion for brands and understanding people.
- Experience with the full market research process (from designing questionnaire to presenting to clients).
- Experience with turning data into actionable insights.
- Knowledge of ad testing and or packaging testing (concept test is a plus).
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to solving business issues.
- A Bachelor and or Master degree in Marketing, Quantitative Analysis or related field.
- Less than 2 years of marketing research experience (ideally on the agency side).
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (SPSS is a strong plus).
How to apply:
We hope we sparked your interest that you’d like to join our team. We look forward to receiving your CV. Please send in your applications to [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.