Netherlands – Rotterdam | Video & Motion Graphics Designer
MetrixLab is a fast-growing global market research and insights company that’s challenging the status quo of insights. By blending evolving technology with passionate experts, MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more impact, and forges partnerships to drive sustainably equitable growth. From creative testing to brand tracking, and packaging to e-commerce optimization, MetrixLab’s range of solution suites adapts to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Active in more than 90 countries, MetrixLab is a proud partner to more than half of the world’s top 100 brands and part of the Macromill Group.
Based in our Rotterdam office, you will be part of the Marketing Design Team along with three other designers. You will also work closely with our Global Marketing and Digital Content specialists. You will support our business teams throughout the world, by creating impactful visual communication materials – to continually generate and support the phenomenal growth of our company.
As a creative designer with strong conceptualization skills, you will create communication materials (primarily video and gif, but occasionally digital and print) to suit a wide variety of occasions and topics.
You will be an advisor and creative partner to the business and will develop creative solutions to best support their communication goals, tell visual stories, and bring together communicative and visual content. You will also support requests and projects from the initial briefing through concept design to final end-product realization. You will assume sole responsibility for these projects or will work in a team alongside other specialists, always in close consultation with the business. You will deliver flawless quality in terms of both product and process. Through your expertise and experience, you will enrich the professional dialogue in our marketing department, while also supporting your colleagues in acquiring new knowledge.
- 80% of your time: produce and edit short-form video content for website, social media, and other promotional channels. Primarily 2D animated content from storyboard to finish. In addition recordings with video equipment (SLR camera, tripod, lighting, mic, backdrop, etc.) and video editing software.
- 20% of your time: Support design team by creating on-brand graphics for a variety of digital and print assets, amongst others blog visuals, social media posts, webpages, PowerPoint decks, infographics, event materials and other promotional items.
- Work closely with design team lead and the rest of the marketing team to keep apprised of – and quickly adapt to – shifting priorities and new developments.
- You love to tell stories, think proactively and show initiative.
- You have a super-human eye for detail.
- You can communicate and convince your ideas to other people.
- You like to work in a team of young marketing professionals.
- You know how to make your ideas come to life on the screen.
- Can assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the creative lead’s vision.
- Can manipulate and edit footage in new and interesting ways.
- You can work independently and think of creative ideas to achieve the best possible visual result.
- Have familiarity with sound systems, effects and music editing – bringing sight and sound together into a cohesive story.
- Have familiarity with graphic design and producing storyboards, with 3D and compositing.
- Have a can-do attitude and are comfortable in a dynamic work environment, embracing changes and accepting revisions if needed to improve the game.
- A good understanding of motion graphics is preferred.
- Have a compelling portfolio of 2D animated and filmed videos and commercials.
- Have a natural curiosity to trends and developments in the design industry.
Education & Experience:
- To be successful in this role you must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in media with a focus on video creation. You have experience with the latest software tools and you’re able to tell us which tools we need to get for you. You have a deep desire to deliver the best and most engaging visual content, and you have the right set of eyes to know what our target audience wants to see.
- Course program in related discipline (e.g. Design, Fine Arts, Marketing) or any combination of education and experience that enhances Video and Motion Graphic Designer role.
- 2+ years in a marketing graphic design/video editing role (B2B preferred).
- Video editing software experience (especially After Effects, Premiere Pro etc.).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Provide links to your video creations or design portfolio.
- You’re available for at least 36 hours a week.
- Preferable living in the Netherlands (Europe could be an option if you’re willing to relocate).
How to apply:
We hope we sparked your interest that you’d like to join our team. We look forward to receiving your CV. Please send in your applications to [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.
Office location: Wilhelminakade 312 │3072 AR Rotterdam │ The Netherlands