Netherlands – Rotterdam | Senior Full Stack Engineer
MetrixLab is a fast-growing global market research and insights company that’s challenging the status quo of insights. By blending evolving technology with passionate experts, MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more impact, and forges partnerships to drive sustainably equitable growth. From creative testing to brand tracking, and packaging to e-commerce optimization, MetrixLab’s range of solution suites adapts to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Active in more than 90 countries, MetrixLab is a proud partner to more than half of the world’s top 100 brands and part of the Macromill Group.
Our Global Technology Innovation and Consultancy team owns the digital experience of market research. It is at the forefront of building our e2e platform that is user-friendly, fully integrated, on-cloud and one digital experience. Our teams are small and self-sufficient. We are working with modern tech-stack dotnet 5+, angular, docker, kubernetes, azure, kafka – methodologies DDD, event driven architecture, microservices, event sourcing, – practices agile, Spotify model, SAFe. To achieve our ambition, we need smart and creative experts who are keen on driving change – while accepting the current business needs that must be continued. People who challenge how things are currently done – not for the sake of change, but to make something better. People who understand that IT and technology are the business enablers of the future. Are you the next one who will help MetrixLab challenge the technical aspect of insights?
About the job:
You will help us build, design and architect awesome and new capabilities on Data Management Platform. You will have full lifecycle responsibilities to create robust, scalable and distributed data-driven systems that operate flawlessly 24x7x365. You will have an opportunity to learn new things. We’re expanding into new areas, exploring new technologies and pushing the frontier of our platform. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly innovative environment with new technologies.
Our team uses following technologies:
- Angular, Typescript in the frontend
- C#, dotnet-core in the backend
- Azure functions
- Python for data engineering
- Bicep and ARM for IaC
- TDD as our mindset to ensure quality
- Azure devops as project management
- GIT as source control management.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Are able to make data driven decisions
- Find challenges fun
- Eager to see things through and take pleasure in making things happen
- Are able to drive discussions to reason why, to rationalize what, to develop how
- Like finding best ways for satisfy all the -ilities and -cies like observability, sustainability, resiliency, etc
- Work towards developing and promoting best practices.
Some of the things you could work on:
- Developing (near real-time) performant data pipeline
- Improving quality of the platform using automated testing
- Developing with evolving methodologies like microservices and micro-frontends
- Develop dedicated data management solutions for our products, together with the business
- Make sure the data is contextualized and ready for exploration via Data Science and Advanced Analytics.
Note: this list will grow / change in time based on new understanding / findings
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years’ experience in building large scale distributed applications
- Assistance building and supporting agile development environment
- Experience with developing web applications using Angular
- Experience with developing backend applications using dotnet-core with patterns like CQRS, DDD, etc.
- Experience with developing IaC pipelines using Bicep, ARM, Terraform
- Experience or eager to work with event driven architecture using event-based systems like kafka, rabbitmq, etc.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary package
- Good pension scheme
- Company discount on health insurance
- 25 paid days of leave
- Full travel reimbursement (yes, that includes cycling!)
- Subscription to Udemy Business
- A challenging position in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, quickly growing global IT driven market research company
- A flexible work environment with a focus on owning and taking pride in your work
- Growth opportunities in line with your career ambitions and passions
- An open-culture work environment staffed with ambitious colleagues with “can-do” mentalities
- An amazing, stylish office space in one of the city’s most trendy areas, close to the Hotel New York where we have weekly (free!) Friday afternoon drinks.
- Interview with the (hiring) manager – 30 minutes
- Live code challenge + System Design – 2 hours
- Product Owner + Scrum Master – 1 hour
How to apply:
We hope we sparked your interest that you’d like to join our team. We look forward to receiving your CV.