Netherlands – Rotterdam | Senior Data Engineer
MetrixLab is a global market research and insights company. We are challenging the status quo of insights by blending evolving technology with passionate experts. MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more business impact. From packaging to creative testing, and brand tracking to media effectiveness, MetrixLab’s solutions adapt to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Headquartered in Rotterdam, we have offices in more than 20 countries and we counted -so far- 31 nationalities. A truly international environment!
Our expertise, passion and solutions enable our clients to succeed at product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
Our Global Technology Innovation and Consultancy team owns the digital experience of market research. It is at the forefront of building our e2e platform that is user-friendly, fully integrated, on-cloud and one digital experience. Our teams are small and self-sufficient. We are working with modern tech-stack dotnet 5+, angular, docker, kubernetes, azure, kafka – methodologies DDD, event driven architecture, microservices, event sourcing, – practices agile, spotify model, SAFe. To get to our ambition, we need smart and creative experts. People who are keen on driving change – while accepting current business needs to continue. People who challenge how it is currently done – not simply to change, but to make it better. People who understand that IT and technology are the business enablers of the future. Are you the one who will help MetrixLab to challenge the technical part of insights?
Our tech stack:
Our products are typically made of,
- Python, PySpark to develop data pipelines.
- C#, WebApi, dotnet core in the backend.
- Angular in the frontend.
- ARM + Bicep for IaC.
- Azure Datalake, Databricks, Sql for data management.
- Azure Kubernetes Service for orchestration.
- Azure as cloud.
- Azure devops as project management.
- TDD as our mindset to ensure quality.
- Ingesting, running, and transforming data from multiple sources using services and tools.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and meet data requirements.
- Design and implement solutions.
- Manage, monitor, and ensure the security and privacy of data to meet business needs. Develop and maintain scalable and configurable data processing algorithms related with market research.
- Responsible for matters such as data retrieval, recording, transforming, testing, validation, cleaning and available through appropriate technology and methods (modeling, etc.) set to meet business requirements.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring the accuracy and availability of the data.
- Explore, recommend, and apply different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality.
- Prepare data for data scientist for various data modeling and ML algorithms.
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend software developers, product owners, research managers and data analysts.
Skills Required & Qualifications:
- Has Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or in a similar field.
- A minimum of 5+ years of work experience as data engineer or a similar role.
- Strong experience in Azure, SQL, Python, PySpark, (ETL) Data bricks, Azure functions, Data warehousing, Data lakes.
- Experience with server-side concepts (e.g. various SQL/noSQL databases, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability).
- Knowledge of GDPR, secure programming, Data vault modelling, metadata concepts, Administering SQL databases, performance tuning and optimizing SQL databases.
- Experience with integration understanding of APIs and OOP based languages like C#, JAVA is a plus.
- Having relevant certifications (DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals and DP-203: Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure) is a plus.
- Experience in Azure DevOps (Work items, Documentation, Pipelines) is a plus.
- Having knowledge/experience in market research industry is a plus.
- Fluent in English, for both written and verbal communication.
- Proactive learner, enjoys following technological developments and industry trends.
- Deep analytical skills, enjoy challenges for solving difficult problems.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary package.
- Good pension scheme.
- Company discount on health insurance.
- 25 paid days of leave.
- Full travel reimbursement (yes, that includes cycling!).
- Subscription to Udemy Business.
- A challenging position in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, quickly growing global IT driven market research company.
- A flexible work environment with a focus on owning and taking pride in your work.
- Growth opportunities in line with your career ambitions and passions.
- An open-culture work environment staffed with ambitious colleagues with “can-do” mentalities.
- An amazing, stylish office space in one of the city’s most trendy areas, close to the Hotel New York where we have weekly (free!) Friday afternoon drinks.
- 1 hour Introduction discussion with hiring manager and technical member of the team.
- 1 hour Problem solving + System design discussion additional team members.
- 1 hour Discussion with Product owner and Scrum master.
How to apply:
We hope we sparked your interest that you’d like to join our team. We look forward to receiving your CV.
Office location: Wilhelminakade 312 │3072 AR Rotterdam │ The Netherlands