Junior System Administrator
Did you just graduate and are you looking for an international challenge in IT? Or do you already have 1 or 2 years of experience – we are looking for you!
Metrixlab is challenging the marketplace and is winning from its competitors (the large 4: Nielsen, Kantar, Ipsos and GfK) – in addition to some niche research players – due to the continuous innovation of their integrated research platform and insights solutions; and a highly entrepreneurial attitude. Our company pushes the boundaries of consumer and market research innovation, combining online and mobile technology with rigorous research methodologies. Our globally integrated platforms and solutions enable us to be faster, more affordable, more digital and to guarantee consistent deliverables anywhere in the world, that are more insightful than those from the global and local competitors.
We have 27 offices worldwide (and opening new ones, developing into new countries and markets), and serve over 5,000 leading brands (ie Unilever, Facebook, Heineken, Google, Microsoft) in more than 90 countries and are a global top 13 player.
What do we expect from you?
In this role you will have a broad spectrum of responsibillities. Basically you will be work on making sure our infrastructure operates effectively and optimally. You enable our colleagues so that they are able to do their jobs by supplying the hardware, managing software and continuously improving the network that ensures the best connectivity. You maintain several systems, servers, etc and implement changes and updates Although there is a central helpdesk in India – you support and help with the solutions for inicidents, issues and changes. You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and maintaining the workstations / laptops / devices for all new (and current) staff
- Assist in solving any issues, incidents and problems (both for local servers and network as well as for users)
- Monitoring the continuity of systems and applications and you proactively flag any failures or outages
- Maintaining and installing servers, network appliances and company applications
- You develop user manuals and secure systems, workstations and networks
- Think of new and innovative ways to implement the latest tech solutions and/or to improve your IT service delivery to the company
- Have experience working with the Microsoft suite of applications (Windows 10, Office 2010, IIS, SQL Server)
Who are you?
- You have recently graduated (max 2 years experience) an IT related study (mbo / hbo)
- You are customer oriented, results oriented, flexible and have a practical mindset
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch
- You do not mind some occasional travel to fix issues in our international offices
- You are interested in working in an international company
- You are well organized and like creating and maintaining structure
- You are willing to grow your skills and experiences and don’t mind having also some not technical work like cleaning up the inventory closet, or help moving colleagues to another desk
What MetrixLab offers
- A challenging job at a dynamic, innovative, fast- growing company with young colleagues.
- A flexible work environment with a lot of self-responsibility.
- The opportunity to work in a global company on global IT activities.
- Opportunity to learn and grow your experience by working with senior administrators both in the USA and in India.
- Full time contract for 40h per week.
- Salary indication is 1800 euro per month.
Does this sound like you? Is this the challenge that you are looking for? Do you want to work in a young company, with a truly global presence that is still growing rapidly? Do you want to work for an employer that will provide you with every opportunity to grow as a professional and rapidly advance your career?
Please send your C.V. and motivation letter to MetrixLab