Netherlands – Rotterdam | IT Solution Architect
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
Macromill Group includes: Macromill Japan, Dentsu Macromill Insight, M-Cube, M-Promo, Macromill Carenet, Macromill Embrain, MetrixLab, Oxyme and Precision Sample.
IT Solution Architect
Preparing technical design of client-facing software products, considering flexibility, robustness, security and scalability aspects and aligned with the IT strategy; ensuring IT solutions are up-to-date and reflects business needs; maximize the benefit of recent/relevant technologies; contributing to improve technical skills of internal/external developers.
- Preparing technical design of client-facing software products, considering flexibility, robustness, security and scalability aspects and aligned with the IT strategy.
- Shape the future of our products and prepare roadmap together with product owners.
- Assist and advise on the technical feasibility and possible solutions based on the business requirements and best practices.
- Scrutinize requirement constraints to analyze alternatives, mitigate risks, and conduct process re-engineering as necessary.
- Conduct an architectural system evaluation, ensure high quality and effective integration of various (existing and future) IT solutions.
- Ensure adopting effective solution delivery and software development processes, tools and methodologies.
- Follows technological developments and assess the implications to the market research industry.
- Pro-actively come up with improvements to current solutions and innovative ideas for future solutions.
- Take part in selecting the technology stack and perform a resource evaluation.
- Preparing/maintaining technical design/architecture documentation.
- Participate to the development process actively (estimated as 20% of time) e.g. for creating prototypes.
- Support IT Procurement by assessing the technical solutions provided by various IT vendors.
- Coach and train (external) software developers to implement robust, flexible, secure and scalable solutions.
- Act as a liaison between the technical and sales teams to convert requirements into outcomes.
- Collaborate with various local and remote teams.
- (Minimum) Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Min 7 years of experience as Solution Architect, preferably in market research industry.
- Knowledge on two or more following areas: data collection, data visualization, data integrations, system integration, social analytics tools, web services and web technologies, mobile apps.
- Has at least 10 years software development experience, preferably as full-stack developer.
- Excellent working knowledge on software architecture design methodologies and tools e.g. microservices, MVC, RESTFull APIs etc.
- Good working knowledge in IT infrastructure and cloud development.
- Has working knowledge in information security and Security by Design approach.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge on latest technological trends, tools, frameworks, best practices and methodologies.
- Experience in working agile/scrum teams and DevOps.
- Experience working with external development teams and IT vendors.
- Has experience in international environment and working with remote teams.
- Fluent in English, for both written and verbal communication.
A MetrixLab Solution Architect is someone who:
- Proactive learner, enjoys following technological developments and industry trends.
- Deep analytical skills, enjoy challenges for solving difficult problems.
- Focus on the results and high quality.
- Has good business understanding and able to assess the impact of IT solutions to business goals.
- Detail-oriented and hands-on, while not losing sight of the strategic ‘big picture’.
- Self-organized and structured, able to work on multiple projects.
- Able to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Has strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and coaching skills.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment where processes can be challenged and improved.
About the application process:
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org