Netherlands – Rotterdam | IT Infrastructure Architect
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands. Our expertise, passion and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
We are growing our IT team to develop new products and improve current platform by using Azure Cloud as infrastructure. We are looking for IT Infrastructure architect to join in our team in Rotterdam. You will be part of an international team, working with several other IT teams to develop and improve business critical solutions, being part of the transition to the Azure cloud environment.
- Develop robust, scalable and secure system design, architecture and integration for business solutions.
- Be a key player on cloud transformation for our in-house developed applications (in Microsoft technologies mainly using Angular, C#.Net, SQL server and moving towards microservices), from infrastructure perspective.
- Analyze current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and suggest enhancement solutions.
- Assess system designs to ensure that solutions will perform satisfactorily regarding security, maintainability, and scalability.
- Analyze industry and market trends to identify impact on enterprise architecture – system design.
- Recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support business goals.
- Diagnosing infrastructure problems and providing technical, strategic and procedural support in resolution implementation.
- Analyze and provide reviews on the magnitude of shortcomings and shortages in information systems, approaches to mitigate risks, resolve security alerts, and preempt possible adverse outcomes of identified weaknesses.
- Document key system components, interfaces, infrastructure and communications.
- Coach and train network professionals and assist in resolving operational issues, using new technologies, implementing robust, secure and scalable solutions.
- Collaborate with various local and remote teams.
Skills & Requirements
- Has Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or in a similar field.
- Min 7 years of experience in infrastructure design and implementation of computer systems and networks as Infrastructure Architect.
- Has experience designing and implementing complex solutions in Azure Cloud and Azure monitoring.
- Has experience with containers and orchestration management (kubernetes).
- Has experience with Apache Kafka.
- Azure cloud migration experience is a big plus.
- MS Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification is preferred.
- Has extensive knowledge in information security, certification is preferred.
- Has working knowledge of DNS, SMTP, IIS 7&8+, SQL, Active Directory, and MSMQ.
- Expert on application layer protocols, such as TCP/IP, UDP HTTP/S, and Web Sockets.
- Has working experience and profound knowledge of Network architectures and Virtualization Technologies.
- Fluent in English, for both written and verbal communication.
- Proactive learner, enjoys following technological developments and industry trends.
- Deep analytical skills, enjoy challenges for solving difficult problems.
- Focus on the results and high quality
What do we offer?
- A challenging position in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, quickly growing global company.
- An opportunity to be part of IT transformation and shape the core business related in-house developed applications, from infrastructure perspective.
- A flexible work environment with a focus on owning and taking pride in your work.
- Growth opportunities in line with your career ambitions and passions.
- An open-culture work environment staffed with ambitious colleagues with “can-do” mentalities.
- A competitive salary package including a good pension scheme, 25 paid days of leave, and full travel reimbursement (yes, that includes cycling!) (fulltime work from home until COVID rules are in place).
- An amazing, stylish office space in one of the city’s most trendy areas, close to the Hotel New York.
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.