Netherlands – Rotterdam | Application Architect
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. A truly global digital research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high-quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions enable our clients to succeed at product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
As a member of the architecture team, you will drive the architecture of our applications across our global Metrixlab platform and user base. Working out of our vibrant Rotterdam office, with a great view, you will provide technical vision and leadership for application architecture and developments. Ensuring scalability and interoperability is at the forefront of strategic conversations. You will actively assist applications staff in the implementation and use of software as regarding application architecture and processes. Evaluating and recommending solutions that support the overall application architecture vision will be a key aspect of your role, next to keeping abreast of technology changes as they occur and modify the future directions as appropriate. You will serve as a transformational technical lead to lift the development teams to higher level and professionalize their way of working.
- Collaborate with teams in determining solutions, planning, and implementation of strategic business initiatives.
- Review all technical specifications impacting or impacted by application architecture to ensure solutions are clearly understood and are in-line with the IT architecture vision.
- Clearly and appropriately communicate application architecture solutions to senior leaders, technical managers, product owners and developers.
- Guiding the application development team and supervising the design, testing, and modification stages.
- Demonstrating application prototypes and integrating user feedback.
- Performing application integration, maintenance, upgrades, and migration.
- Documenting architectural decisions as Architecture Decision Records (ADR).
- Integrating trends in application architecture in application development project.
- Working closely with Software Engineering Manager for talent development.
- Create secure and scalable solutions within a data driven industry.
- Playing a vital part in shaping the technical conditions for future products.
Skills Required & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in working in Engineering or Development roles.
- 3-5+ years of experience in architecture, design of complex distributed applications using Microservices architecture.
- Experienced in translating business requirements into technical specifications and in developing prototypes and in launching pilot tests. Ideally in market research industry.
- Deep understanding of software programming concepts like, Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing.
- Experienced in automated testing, test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Knowledgeable of technology infrastructure and in the applications layer with a track record for delivering business application systems on-time, on-budget and functionally on-target.
- Experience with event driven architecture. Knowledge of Kafka Configurations, Management and Kafka testing is ideal.
- Experience with developing data driven applications.
- Experience with ETL processes.
- Working knowledge of containers and orchestration. Preference for Kubernetes.
- Experience in designing and developing applications for cloud. Preference for Azure.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code.
What we offer:
- A challenging position in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, quickly growing global IT driven market research company.
- A flexible work environment with a focus on owning and taking pride in your work.
- Growth opportunities in line with your career ambitions and passions.
- An open-culture work environment staffed with ambitious colleagues with “can-do” mentalities.
- A competitive salary package including a good pension scheme, 25 paid days of leave and full travel reimbursement (yes, that includes cycling!).
- An amazing, stylish office space in one of the city’s most trendy areas, close to the Hotel New York where we have weekly (free!) Friday afternoon drinks.
- Free use of the health and wellbeing app Aaptiv and fun national and international team events.
We hope we sparked your interest that you’d like to join our team. We look forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter.