India – Hyderabad | Senior QA Engineer
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team. You will be responsible for quality of our products, ensuring/conducting a comprehensive testing, both manual and automated, and contributing to improvements in overall testing processes. Your role includes designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g., defect densities and open defect counts.) You will be an essential part of our product improvements by giving active feedback on requirements and structural issues to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. You will also be a hero of developing scalable automation code from integration to e2e via bringing the experience that you have.
- Develop test cases, testing process and create test data for Functional Tests, Regression Tests, Performance Tests, API Tests, Security Tests, and Database Tests across all platforms.
- Review requirement specifications and acceptance criteria to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Execute all the test cases and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect.
- Investigate the causes for software defects, ensure structural solutions in software and train users to implement solutions.
- Transitioning the manual test case scenarios to automated test case scenarios and implementing them by using respective/selected automation tool.
- Design and maintain re-usable automation scripts and enhance/fix with product changes.
- Prepare all reports related to software testing carried out.
- Identify the tools for various testing types, as applicable and as beneficial for the organization and setup the tools for execution of tests and providing effective test reports.
- Run smoke regression suite after every build and publish the detailed reports with the bugs detected.
- Identify, improve, and track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Learn the products and processes and clearly understand the application and QA role/value addition.
- Provide support for any platform as and when needed.
- Ensure compliance with legal rules and standards in the field of IT, as part of software testing process.
- Apply company standards in all testing processes and steps.
- Follow/contribute automation best-practices, new testing tools and test strategies.
- Working in scrum teams and liaising with internal teams (e.g., developers and product owners) to identify system requirements.
Skills Required & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Minimum 6 years of proven work experience in software quality assurance including experience in writing and running clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in writing scalable automation code.
- Extensive knowledge of software testing tools and methodology, web application architecture and enterprise software architecture.
- Working experience in Agile/Scrum teams.
- Working Experience in API and performance testing using open-source tools like JMeter and Postman.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Certification in QA related area is a big plus.
- Having Azure DevOps knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Experience with security testing is a plus.
- Has experience in international environments and working in remote teams.
- Pro-actively identify improvements and potential solutions, ability to think out of the box.
- Passion for delivering high quality products in timely fashion.
- A good critical thinking skill with problem solving.
- Self-organized and structured; work out processes to get things moving.
- Able to work independently, as well as within the team, good team player.
- Likes to share knowledge and mentor junior team members.
- Good listener with strong work ethic.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills.
About the application process:
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.