India – Hyderabad | P2P Specialist – Global Finance
MetrixLab is a fast-growing global market research and insights company that’s challenging the status quo of insights. By blending evolving technology with passionate experts, MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more impact, and forges partnerships to drive sustainably equitable growth. From creative testing to brand tracking, and packaging to e-commerce optimization, MetrixLab’s range of solution suites adapts to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Active in more than 90 countries, MetrixLab is a proud partner to more than half of the world’s top 100 brands and part of the Macromill Group.
Objective of the role:
- In order to ensure smooth processing of Cost of Goods Sold (‘COGS’) invoices and in order to provide reliable financial reporting (COGS accrual) monitoring of the Purchase Order process and taking corrective actions where necessary in working with other departments (AP, Procurement, Research).
- By using monitoring reporting ensure the correctness and completeness of Purchase Orders as well as the timely approval and goods receipt (‘service request’) notification. More concrete:
- Check all Purchase Orders are actioned as per policy (requirements), including correctness of service types for accounting and take corrective actions if necessary.
- Completeness check of Purchase Orders related to Cost of Goods Sold (‘COGS’) purchases by comparison with Project status and Gross Margin analysis and take corrective actions if necessary.
- Check timely approval of the Purchase Orders and take corrective actions if necessary.
- Ensure timely updating of good receipt notifications (‘service requests’) in the system by checking Purchase Order status versus Project status reporting and take corrective actions if necessary.
- Review accrued purchase receipts (goods received not yet invoiced) and develop/analyze reports for stakeholders. Research and resolve items which are greater than a month.
- Review and verify past due Purchase Order reports and contact procurement and/or suppliers to help resolve overdue Purchase Orders.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable/Finance to resolve any queries regarding mismatches between invoices and Purchase Orders or invoices received without Purchase Order as required.
- Determine and drive continuous improvement actions related to the Procure to Pay process: guiding and educating the wider teams on the correct ways of working and making improvements if necessary.
Skills Required & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years of related professional experience in Accounting / Finance – required (if this experience is within an SSC environment it is an advantage).
- General knowledge of accounting principles – required.
- Experience in financial systems (knowledge of SAPbyD is nice to have).
- Familiarity with excel.
- Proven experience within a P2P / Purchase accounting role.
- ERP / SAP experience is essential.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Organized, with administrative skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and demonstrate flexibility.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong team player.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Focus on achieving results and continuous improvement.
About the application process:
Please send in your applications to [email protected] including your CV.