Global (Preferred Europe) | Database Manager
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands. Our expertise, passion and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
We are experts in creative pre-testing and pack-testing. We help clients worldwide to test whether their advertising (all media, including digital) and packaging is competitive by benchmarking their performance against our own database. We are on the lookout for a dynamic and talented database marketer to make the most out of this company asset.
The database manager & marketer is responsible for three key areas:
1) Managing the database
- Uploading data collected from projects around the world into the database (compliance).
- Determining the best system to manage the database (currently xls).
- Examining what KPIs can add value to the database.
- Improving data quality, including error detection and correction.
2) Extracting insights out of the database
- Running meta-analysis on both pre- and pack-testing (can be per media type/category, for a dedicated client, etc.).
- Answering questions on the database (from sales and research teams).
- Supporting benchmark information (e.g. proposals).
3) Automating our platform
- Currently new data is uploaded to the database manually. We’re building an improved Data Management Platform in which to eventually integrate it. The ambition is to fully automate the database completion. You will be an active member of the team working towards this goal (along with the Platform owners). This requires technical affinity.
The database marketer is part of the Global Innovation and Consultancy team, and will work with salespeople, the solution owners (for pre- and pact-testing), research managers, operation managers, platform owners, and marketing. Good communication skills are a must!
Skills Required & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years experience in databases.
- Experience in re-engineering business processes and database structures to better meet the needs of the sales and research organizations.
- Advanced Excel and SQL query skills (or other programs if applicable).
- Is technically capable of running analysis and interpreting numbers and data, then transforming them into triggering stories that will inspire clients (client presentations can be required).
- Ability to initiate and manage change, as well as lead others in the change.
- Have an eye for data quality.
- Be Interested in market research.
- Be a Good communicator who is adept at explaining issues in a straightforward way.
- Be Flexible, proactive, driven, organized/structured, has an eye for detail, tech savvy and an all-around fun colleague.
- Be Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
About the application process:
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.