Senior Research Manager – Product Innovation/Brand Equity
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries.
MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group that connects the collective power of 1,700 experts worldwide.
CDD 12 mois + CDI
The Senior Research Manager (SRM) designs and conducts complex marketing research projects at MetrixLab. A number of these projects are global and can be based on our standardized methods for concept testing, advertising testing, package testing, product testing, trackers, etc. Most often, the SRM is called upon to conduct our more customized and complex studies. The SRM will consult with clients, discuss/review/edit proposals written by Sales, develop the survey designs and analysis plans, and provide insightful, actionable reports to our clients. She/he may also provide support to the Research Director in managing workflow, reviewing proposals and mentoring junior members of the team.
The SRM designs quantitative, internet-based marketing research studies. He/she is expected to:
- Provide consultation to clients and Sales regarding marketing research design and methodology to achieve the client’s business needs; review proposals.
- Design standard and custom research studies.
- Identify if advanced analytics are necessary and bring in the internal experts for consultation where appropriate.
- Write questionnaires that meet the objectives of the study.
- Learn how to build surveys of moderate complexity, using our proprietary tools and platform.
- Review links prior to deployment and review initial deployment data.
- Develop analysis plans, including providing specifications for tab and banner plans.
- Approve code frames for coding open-ended survey responses.
- Develop survey report shells/templates.
- Transition studies to Project Managers for deployment and execution, while maintaining overall management of project timelines and quota needs.
- Provide direction and clarification to Project Managers throughout the life of the project to insure impeccable execution.
- Discuss changes in scope with Sales and/or clients as they arise.
- Write clear and insightful headlines in reports.
- Present the report to the client on the phone or in-person, when requested.
- Proactively identify client business needs and propose additional research projects to meet those needs.
- Continually evaluate and recommend research methods when appropriate.
- Initiate process improvements by leading the team involved, as needed.
- Foster a positive environment of teamwork, while maintaining personal accountability.
- Manage/mentor less experienced RMs to develop research and client consultation competencies; review their questionnaires and reports.
- Provide support/backup for Research Director as needed.
- Master in Marketing, Quantitative Analysis or related field.
- 5+ years of marketing research experience, ideally on the supplier side.
- Strong knowledge of all research methodologies, with the ability to provide senior-level consultation to sales or directly to clients, on complex marketing research designs.
- Experience with developing project design, proposal input, building questionnaires and writing reports.
- Deep understanding of data analysis and how to turn data into insights.
- Able to make project recommendations to client deliverables, ability to take calculated risks when creating recommendations.
- Understanding of advanced analytics; knowing when they should be used and how to interpret results.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, especially with clients and Sales; experienced and competent author and presenter of research insights to senior clients.
- Attention to detail, coupled with being able to identify and articulate broad, strategic implications. Go beyond actual research project to bring in outside resources when appropriate.
- Able to manage the design and analysis of multiple research projects simultaneously.
- Creative and proactive approach to solving business issues.
- Experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Use of SPSS and/or background in programming a strong plus.
- Have a passion for research and “predicting people”.
What do we offer?
- Challenging position at a dynamic, innovative, fast-growing, global company
- A flexible work environment with a lot of responsibility
- Career opportunities
- A competitive salary package (i.e., including additional benefits)
- 25 paid days of leave
Please send your motivation letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
55 Rue Raspail
92300 Levallois Perret