China – Shanghai | Research Director
MetrixLab provides consumer insights that drive smarter business decisions. As a truly digital global research agency, we pioneer new technologies and integrate multiple data sources to push the boundaries of research. This enables our experts to provide high quality insights at scale, at speed and for an unparalleled value. In just one decade, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with more than half of the world’s top 100 brands.
Our expertise, passion and solutions help our clients succeed in product innovation, brand engagement and customer value in over 90 countries. MetrixLab is part of the Macromill Group.
As the Research Director in Shanghai you will be in charge of strong local team, with room for expansion as our business grows over the coming years.
You will leverage your expertise and MetrixLab’s research solution (across Product innovation and Brand Engagement) to provide actionable marketing business insights to our clients. Also connecting with our global MetrixLab network of researchers and consultants to leverage their knowledge is key to success.
Together with the Managing Director you’ll manage existing local client relationships and deliver excellent quality which leaves them no other choice than to come back for more.
This is a great opportunity to further build your capabilities in (digital) research and to further develop your leadership skills.
Skills & Requirements:
- Someone who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment (but with the upsides of a Global company behind you) with the ambition to keep growing strongly.
- Experienced and comfortable with direct client servicing on a regular basis.
- Able to identify market opportunities and advise based on research/ business objectives, specifically on development, innovation and execution of plans to support clients’ businesses.
- A born leader, good attention to detail and also comfortable being hands-on.
What you’ll need
- 7+ years’ experience in a quantitative research role, servicing both Western and Chinese clients.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Develop and implement research projects, priorities and targets to support commercial relationships.
- Lead research projects and coordinating activities of other research teams.
- Assess the benefits and monitoring the costs and effectiveness of research and development activities.
- Interpret results of research projects and recommending associated product and service development innovations to solve business issues.
- Provide advice on research and development options available to clients.
- Monitor leading-edge developments in relevant industries and assessing implications for the organization.
Meet the team
You will be part of the research organization, responsible for delivering impactful insights to our clients. We are a relatively flat organization; the Research Director in Shanghai will report into our AMEA Research Director (who is based in Singapore). In the office you will work closely with the Managing Director, who has helped to achieve double digit growth numbers in the past years.
You’ll join us on this journey and contribute directly to the continuation of the success of our Shanghai office.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, interact with colleagues and clients and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. In everything we do, we’re guided by four values ‘Think new, think deep’, ‘Act Now, Act Together’, Be True, Be Open, ‘Own it, Enjoy it’ ; and above all we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations