Australia – Sydney | Research Manager
MetrixLab is a fast-growing global market research and insights company that’s challenging the status quo of insights. By blending evolving technology with passionate experts, MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more impact, and forges partnerships to drive sustainably equitable growth. From creative testing to brand tracking, and packaging to e-commerce optimization, MetrixLab’s range of solution suites adapts to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Active in more than 90 countries, MetrixLab is a proud partner to more than half of the world’s top 100 brands and part of the Macromill Group.
About the role:
Are you motivated by what moves people and brands? Data driven, business focused and service oriented? Eager to be part of a fast-growing office in Sydney?
We are looking for an experienced Research Manager who has a passion for all things digital to join our Sydney team!
Join us and experience the company that leads the next generation of consumer insights and marketing analytics. Our mission is to change the way marketing research is used to generate insights that impact business decisions. Digital is our focus in many ways as we aspire to be the first truly global digital research company.
We are looking for a talented Research Manager (with 4 to 5 years of quantitative market research experience) who loves to take on the dynamics of a fast-spaced office within a global company, being instrumental in its growth and success.
Responsibilities of a Research manager:
- Independently manage both standardised and ad’hoc studies (multi-country research a plus), collaborating effectively with clients and operation teams, adhering to deadlines, updating changes and thinking ahead of what needs to be done.
- Support and able to independently manage benchmarking exercises within the region.
- Support and manage more complex studies in collaboration with Senior research manager.
- Write custom research questionnaires following consultation with client and senior research manager and adapt questionnaires of standard solutions (with some customization) to meet the project objectives.
- Able to instruct Operation team with clear instructions, tab-banner plan, review links prior to deployment and review initial deployment data.
- Develop analysis plans, survey report shells/templates.
- Write clear and insightful headlines in reports and clear summaries and conclusions.
- Continuously learn more complex research methodologies to be able to take on more complex projects and accounts.
- Strong attention to details.
- An expert project manager: from project set up, quotas and panel partners management, benchmarking results…).
- Comfortable working with deadlines.
- Strong in crunching numbers.
- Pro-active and resourceful in problem solving.
- Keep the client top of mind.
And do you have…?
- A Bachelor and or Master degree in Marketing, Quantitative Analysis or related field.
- Less than 3-5 years of marketing research experience (full service agency).
- Experience with innovation and brand engagement research.
- Strong analytical skills and communication skills (both oral and written).
- A can-do attitude.
- Experience with A-Z research (from designing questionnaire to presenting to client).
- Experience with turning data into actionable insights.
- Knowledge of ad testing and or packaging testing (concept test is a plus).
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to solving business issues.
- Experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (SPSS is a strong plus).
- Have a passion for brands and “predicting people”.
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.