Australia – Sydney | Client Director
MetrixLab is a fast-growing global market research and insights company that’s challenging the status quo of insights. By blending evolving technology with passionate experts, MetrixLab helps global and local brands to drive more impact, and forges partnerships to drive sustainably equitable growth. From creative testing to brand tracking, and packaging to e-commerce optimization, MetrixLab’s range of solution suites adapts to fit all types of budgets, timelines and business needs.
Active in more than 90 countries, MetrixLab is a proud partner to more than half of the world’s top 100 brands and part of the Macromill Group.
MetrixLab Australia seeks a Client Director/Senior Client Director to join during an exciting growth period. Becoming a Client Director at MetrixLab Australia gives you the opportunity to join the Australian office in the early years (we opened in 2019), be instrumental in building the brand and business and be rewarded for that success. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to shape the future of the Australian organisation and your own career.
This is a Client Director/Business Development growth role in a growing market! We have had great success in Australia and have built an impressive client roster and business over our first three years. You will be part of the core MetrixLab Australia CD team as we move to the next phase of our growth model, and will work closely with the Australian MD to learn and leverage advantages.
You must have at least 7+ years of proven client development and management experience. You must have demonstrated your capabilities to service an existing client base while driving growth in your business territory by sourcing and securing new clients and business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have great relationship management skills, business development expertise, and strategy experience, with a results-oriented approach to addressing client needs. You will also have a self-starter mindset and be able to work independently.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing and expanding long-term relationships with existing customers – key business executives, and stakeholders. You will also be responsible for generating new business from local clients we haven’t worked with before.
We have strong thinking across a suite of solutions in the brand engagement and innovation space. This role will have the freedom to pilot techniques around these solutions for the market, so should have the confidence to speak to clients and understand their requirements.
Skills Required & Qualifications
In this position, you will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with customers, key business executives and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will therefore have strong relationship management skills, business development expertise and strategy experience, with a results-orientated approach to addressing client needs.
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience, with a specialisation in the field of research / consumer insights / insight-led marketing consultancy. Strong business and marketing acumen is a must.
- Actively prospect and develop new customers
- Able to translate research and sales expertise into new business development and growth opportunities with existing accounts and prospects.
- Work closely with the MetrixLab ANZ MD and be responsible for developing and executing an annual plan to grow both existing and new business with the goal to meet and strive to exceed assigned quarterly and annual bookings targets.
- Act as a senior point of contact and trusted advisor for the businesses being developed and account(s) being assigned. You excel at providing clear communication to answer client questions, proactively addressing needs and solving business problems to drive client satisfaction.
- Quality driven with effective written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to create and deliver written and visual storyline packs that engage, inspire and persuade others.
- Take the lead on developing insightful and strategic sales presentations / proposals and pulling in the appropriate company expertise where needed.
- Provide leadership with timely reporting regarding business forecast, sales pipeline, opportunity analysis.
- Partner with Research Managers to create research designs, sample plans, and final analysis storytelling.
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to identify problems / opportunities and determine the appropriate and creative paths to resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with both internal partners and external clients.
MetrixLab prides itself on being a great place to work
- We’re growing: Which means there are growth opportunities and a role in shaping the direction of the company.
- We’re transparent: You’ll hear updates on company financials, how we’re performing against bonus goals, and how we’re responding to challenges.
- We’re fun: You’ll work with and learn from the most creative people in the industry.
Note: While efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of this position description, it is not warranted to be an exhaustive recitation of all position duties; the incumbent may be required to perform duties beyond those listed above.
Please send in your applications to: [email protected] including your CV, motivation and salary expectations.